A confidential record will be kept of your illness and treatment, access being limited to the health care professionals directly involved in your treatment. This record is the property of the Hospital. Please ask your doctor if you have any questions about this. The contents of your medical record will be divulged only with your consent or where required by law.
Did you know that you can request your medical records via email?
Simply scan and email the following to email@example.com :
- A letter of request detailing the information required including:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Contact details including telephone number
- Date(s) of service
- Type of service – Surgery, Emergency Room visit etc
- Type of information needed – medical report or copies of notes
- A copy of a gov’t issued photo identification card e.g. Passport, Drivers License, Voters ID card.
- Your written signature must be present on the letter for signature verification against ID.
You will receive an email within 24 hours updating you on the status of your request. If you need immediate assistance, please call 244 -2777, 244 – 2779 or 244 -2780.
You may request a copy of your medical record after you are discharged and after it has been completed by your doctor. There is a copying fee.
You have the right to determine who should be informed by your doctor of your condition. If you wish, you may ask your nurse/midwife to arrange an appointment for your relative or close friend to discuss your illness with one of the doctors involved in your care.
Patients can also sign up for our free MyHSA online patient portal that gives you secure access to your health information 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
With MyHSA, you can:
- Securely 24/7 access
- Request appointments with General Practice & Paediatrics
- Direct booking with General Practice
- Access your child’s health information
- Send a message for your doctors
- View general lab & radiology written reports
- View immunisation, allergy & health history
- Refill prescriptions online
- Access from a mobile app or desktop
Hours of Operation – Health Information Medical Records (currently located at the Information Desk in the Hospital Atrium)
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
345-244-2780 or 244-2779 or 244-2783