Patient Proxy FAQs
Patient Proxy FAQs
What is a Patient Proxy?
Patient (Child) Proxy is the ability for the parent or legal guardian to view your child’s MyHSA account information. A child is classified as age 0-15.
16 and 17 year olds can register themselves for access to the portal. Parents are not provided access to the portal for children 16 and over.
Adult proxy will be available soon.
Does my child need to have an email address to sign up for MyHSA
- No, your child does not need to have an email address, the child’s MyHSA account is linked to your email address. You must have a MyHSA account before signing up your child.
How do I sign my child up for MyHSA?
To sign up your child for MyHSA first you must have a MyHSA Patient Portal account for yourself. You will then complete an application form.
Application by Biological parents – original or certified Birth Certificate of child and Government issued Picture identification of parent.
- Application by Legal Guardian – Certified or original Court Order Appointing Guardianship, original or certified Birth Certificate of child and Government issued Picture Identification of parent(s).
- Application by an Adopted parent(s) – Certified Adoption Certificate for your child, original or certified Birth Certificate of child and Government issued Picture Identification of parent(s).
All paperwork can be dropped off to the HSA staff at the information desk during working hours or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information can I see on my child’s MyHSA?
- You can see all the same information and test results for you and your child in MyHSA.
Can I request appointments for my child using MyHSA?
- Yes, you can request an appointment for the same clinics for you and your child using MyHSA.
Why do I need to have an email address to use MyHSA?
- You will receive an email invitation for initial set up of your MyHSA in addition to update notifications.
I provided my email address but didn’t receive an email invitation to MyHSA. What do I do now?
- Return to the patient portal sign-up page and re-enter your information. Or email@example.com and advise you have not received the portal invite for your child yet.
I received a “You have new information in MyHSA” alert in my email account. What does this mean?
- You received this alert because you have a new message from your health care team.
Which Clinics can I schedule appointments for in MyHSA?
- You can request, cancel and re-schedule appointments with all general practitioners based at George Town General Practice Clinic & Paediatric Clinic.
If I need to see my physician for something urgent, should I use the online appointment request?
- No, MyHSA is not designed for medical emergencies or immediate contact with a physician. If you have an urgent or emergency medical matter, either dial 9-1-1 or go to the hospital emergency department.
I would like to schedule an appointment, but I don’t see the physician listed.
- Only General Practice physicians based at the George Town General Practice & Paediatric Clinic are available through the portal.
Can I request an appointment for a radiology procedure?
- This function is not currently available through MyHSA. Please contact the Radiology Department directly to schedule your appointment.
How can I view my upcoming appointment times in MyHSA?
- You can view the details of your upcoming appointments by selecting “Appointments” from the top navigation menu followed by “View Upcoming Appointments”. Don’t forget to add the appointment to your calendar.
Can I cancel my appointments in MyHSA?
- Cancelling an appointment through MyHSA must be done 72 hours before the scheduled appointment by clicking the cancel appointment link next to the scheduled appointment.
When do my test results become available in MyHSA?
Certain test results are automatically released to your MyHSA account within 36 hours of confirmation. However, some results may not show due to their sensitive nature.
I forgot my password, what do I do?
To reset your password, click the “Forgot password?” link on the log-in page and follow the prompts. If you continue to have difficulty, contact the Cerner 24 hour support line at 1-877-621-8014.
Can my spouse and I share one MyHSA account?
No, we require that each patient have their own MyHSA account.
How is MyHSA secure?
Access to information is controlled through secure email, messaging, invitations, usernames, and passwords. Each person controls his or her password and the account cannot be accessed without that password.
Can I print of my Laboratory Result for Immigration Medicals?
No, as the Immigration Medical requires an authorized Hospital seal on the paperwork. The Immigration Medical Paperwork still needs to be collected from HIM Department.