PLEASE NOTE – HSA has a strict visitors policy to protect patients, staff & visitors against COVID-19
- Visiting Hours are 11am – 8pm daily.
- Visitors must be 18 or older.
- Facemasks are required at all times.
- All visitors are subject to temperature screening before entering the hospital.
- Visitors are to stay in the patient room or designated waiting area.
- Visitors must follow hand hygiene and social distancing guidelines.
- Visitors must check in and out at the main atrium information desk (A&E visitors should still use the A&E entrance). A photo ID is required.
Inpatient Units (Medical, Surgical, Paediatric & Mental Health)
- Two (2) visitors per patient, per day, allowed with visiting timesat the discretion of the medical staff. COVID positive patients will not be allowed visitors on any inpatient unit, excluding Critical Care Unit.
Critical Care Unit
- COVID positive patients on the Critical Care Unit will be allowed two non-contact visitors per day. Visitors will be allowed to briefly view and communicate with their loved ones within the unit via special arrangements put in place by the HSA.
- COVID negative patients on the unit will be allowed two visitors per day.
Maternity & Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- One visitor is allowed in the Operating Theatre for C-section or emergency patients. A negative lateral flow test result within 24-hour is required.
- During delivery, the father and another visitor (a doula or other support of labouring mother’s choice) will be permitted.
- After birth, two (2) visitors per patient, per day.
- The NICU is allowed two (2) visitors per patient, per day, with visiting time limited at the discretion of the medical staff.
Accident & Emergency Unit
- One (1) designated visitor is allowed to visit an adult patient in Accident & Emergency (A&E) for maximum 15 minutes.
- One (1) parent or guardian is allowed to remain throughout the stay of a child.
- One (1) caregiver of dependent patients will be allowed but that support person should remain the same for the duration of the visit.
- Visitors will be permitted at the discretion of the physicians and nurses.
Ambulatory Care Unit (ACU)
- One (1) visitor will be permitted to accompany a patient to facilitate care or treatment.
The HSA will continue to monitor the local and global situation and further adjust guidelines as needed.