The Cayman Islands Health Services Authority Women’s Health Department is hosting the 11th annual Women’s Health Conference on Friday, March 10, 2023, at the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort. Registration is now closed for this event.
This year’s conference theme, “Common and Understated Emergency Conditions in Women’s Healthcare,” promises to provide thought-provoking insight on the following topics*:
- Case presentations on acute abdominal pain: Working the differentials; Dr Peter Sipos (HSA)
- Maintaining the quality of life with pelvic floor health intervention, Camille Marshall – Harris (HSA)
- Male and female consensual coital injuries: Why care may be compromised, Dr Leroy Campbell (HSA)
- Hematological emergencies: Too much clotting, Dr Lundie Richards (HSA)
- Morning sickness. When is it life-threatening?, Dr. Brandon Bernard (HSA)
- Emergency Management of Bleeding GYN Malignancy, Dr. Troy Gatcliffe (Baptist Health)
- Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. A thing of the past?, Dr. Joseph Davis (Cayman Fertility Center)
- The impact of abortion on the family; Millicent Allen (Cayman Islands School of Nursing)
- Women with heart disease: Implications for pregnancy, Dr. Pooja Monteiro (Health City Cayman Islands)
- Postnatal depression: Worst kept secret?, Dr. Madhavi Manoharan (Integra Health Care)
The all-day conference will also be CME accredited. *Presentation topics are subject to change.
The conference coincides with International Women’s Day each year, celebrating women’s social, economic, cultural, and political achievements worldwide.