Effective 30 June 2022, persons who have tested positive for COVID-19 and completed the required isolation period, six days for vaccinated persons and nine days for unvaccinated persons, will no longer have to undergo exit testing.
“The isolation period is one of our most effective controls against COVID-19 and greatly reduces the risk of onward transmission. We have removed the requirement for exit testing with this in mind, and trust that the public will continue to adhere to the regulations and protocols outlined by the Government and Public Health”, said Medical Officer of Health Dr. Samuel Williams-Rodriguez.
Persons who test positive for COVID-19 by lateral flow test must still report their positive result and complete a confirmation PCR test at an HSA testing clinic (see below). To report a positive LFT result, visit https://www.exploregov.ky/report-covid19-result
As a result of the removal of exit testing requirements and with most countries dropping pre-arrival testing, Public Health will be closing or amending hours of COVID-19 testing centres, as per below:
- Bodden Town Civic Centre – closed as of Tuesday July 5th 2022
- Ed Bush Sports Complex – closed as of Tuesday July 5th 2022
- 131 Centre, MacLendon Drive – closed for COVID-19 testing as of Tuesday July 5th 2022
- Truman Bodden Sports Complex (Drive-Through) – Daily 8am 10am. Effective Monday 18th July, Monday, Wednesday, Friday only 8am – 10am.
- Cayman Brac – Aston Rutty Centre – Monday – Friday 9am – 10am (closed weekends & public holidays)
- Little Cayman Clinic – Monday – Friday 1pm – 2pm by appointment only (closed weekends & public holidays)
- As a reminder, the day you test positive, is considered Day 0.
- Fully vaccinated positives – Isolate for 6 days. Leave isolation on day 7 as long as you have no symptoms
- Unvaccinated/partially vaccinated positives – Isolate for 9 days. Leave isolation on day 10 as long as you have no symptoms
- Vaccinated Contacts -Vaccinated persons who are primary contacts of COVID-19 positive persons must conduct daily lateral flow testing for 6 days, but may continue usual activities
- Unvaccinated Contacts – Unvaccinated persons in the household of a positive must quarantine for 9 days.
- Unvaccinated children 11 and under – isolate based on the vaccination statis of their parent/guardian. Mixed households (ie: one parent vaccinated, one unvaccinated) default as unvaccinated.
Isolation letters are no longer required from Public Health to be released from isolation.