investigated for chikungunya since 25 June 2014 is seven.
The total results
- Since the last update on 14 July 2014, there has been one new case, a resident of West Bay, under investigation for chikungunya. (This is during the week of 15-21 July, 2014.)
- Three results were received during this week from the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA), with one positive.
received thus far are: out of seven cases tested four have come back positive and three negative.
Of the four confirmed cases
, three have reported a travel history to countries reporting an outbreak, while one had no travel history, suggesting chikungunya was acquired locally.
- Distribution of all confirmed cases: George Town, one; Bodden Town, one (the Bodden Town case is from Savannah); and Cayman Brac, two.
- Out of the three confirmed cases with travel history: one was from G.T, and two from Cayman Brac.
- The one without travel history: is from Bodden Town (Savannah).
The number of countries/territories reporting cases of chikungunya continues to increase. To date, cases of chikungunya have been confirmed in 29 countries/ territories in the region. The total number of confirmed cases has reached 5749.