Vaccines for the seasonal flu will be available at the Cayman Islands Hospital, District Health Centres in Grand Cayman, Faith Hospital Cayman Brac, and Little Cayman Clinic.
The locations and times are listed below:
• The Atrium (front entrance) at the George Town Hospital, from 10:00 a.m. to noon, from Friday, 6 October to Friday, 20 October 2023 (weekdays only).
• The General Practice Clinic at the Smith Road Medical Centre and all District Health Centres, from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday beginning Tuesday, 10 October, 2023.
• Public Health Clinic at Aston Rutty Medical Wing in Cayman Brac, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday beginning Tuesday, 10 October, 2023.
• Little Cayman Clinic - Residents of Little Cayman should contact the clinic to make arrangements.
The flu vaccine is FREE to all residents. No appointments are necessary; however, persons should indicate to the registration officer at the clinic that they are onsite to have the flu shot.
Dr Samuel Williams Rodriguez stated, “All persons 6 months and older are encouraged to get the flu vaccine to protect themselves and others. It is especially important for people at high risk of severe flu-related complications and those who live with or care for them to be vaccinated against the flu.”
The flu vaccine
Acknowledging the receipt of requests for the seasonal flu vaccine from employers for their staff, he added, “The Public Health Department will continue our onsite workplace vaccination initiative for companies with twenty or more employees wishing to have the vaccine. This is to minimize workplace disruption and ensure that as many persons as possible get vaccinated.”
Companies interested in the programme should contact the Public Health Department at 244-2621, 244-2889, or email email@example.com to register.
Flu shots will also be available at participating supermarkets across the Islands in the coming weeks, and a schedule will be provided later.
All flu shots are given on a first come first serve basis and are only available until supplies last.
For more information, please contact:
- Public Health Clinic - 244-2889/244 2621
- George Town General Practice Clinic - 244-2800
- Faith Hospital -948-2243
- Little Cayman Clinic - 948-0072/916-5395
- The District Health Centres
- East End 947-7440
- North Side 947-9525
- West Bay 949-3439
- Bodden Town 947-2299
Currently, COVID-19 vaccines are not available on the island. The Public Health Department will announce when the next batch of vaccines becomes available.