Following the arrival of the Moderna (bivalent) Fall COVID-19 Booster, the Public Health Department will be holding vaccination clinics starting Sunday 16th October 2022 for healthcare workers and persons ages 70 and over. The Moderna booster enhances protection against the omicron variant of COVID-19.
The rollout of this vaccine will be in phases based on vulnerability & exposure. It started with persons in care homes and is now being extended to persons over 70 and healthcare workers. Caregivers of persons 70+ are also eligible for this booster in the continued effort to keep the most vulnerable safe. Persons who had their last COVID-19 vaccination or booster more than 3 months ago are eligible for the Moderna (bivalent) fall booster shot.
As the vaccine is rolled out, it will be made available to other priority groups and noted on each new schedule:
- Elderly residents (70+)
- Health Care Workers
- Adults 60+
- Individuals with underlying medical conditions (16-49)
- Adults 50+
The new schedule is for the Moderna Fall Booster only. No appointment is required; will be provided on a first come first serve basis. Individuals still completing the primary course of Pfizer vaccine (Dose 1 and Dose 2), should refer to the regular COVID-19 vaccine schedule.
Moderna (bivalent) Booster Clinic Schedule (updated v2)
- Sunday, October 16, 2022 – Women’s Health Clinic (Cayman Islands Hospital) 10am – 3pm. Healthcare Workers & 70+ only
- Tuesday, October 18, 2022 – Hibiscus Conference Room (Cayman Islands Hospital) 8am – 10am. Healthcare Workers only
- Friday, October 21, 2022 – Hibiscus Conference Room (Cayman Islands Hospital) 5pm – 7pm. Healthcare Workers only
- Saturday, October 22, 2022 – Women’s Health Clinic (Cayman Islands Hospital) 1:30am – 5pm. Healthcare Workers & 70+ only
- Sunday, October 23, 2022 – Women’s Health Clinic (Cayman Islands Hospital) 10am – 3pm. Healthcare Workers & 70+ only
- Saturday, October 29, 2022 – Women’s Health Clinic (Cayman Islands Hospital) 1:30am – 5pm. Healthcare Workers & 70+ only
- Sunday, October 30, 2022 – Women’s Health Clinic (Cayman Islands Hospital) 10am – 3pm. Healthcare Workers & 70+ only
Sister Islands – Moderna vaccines will be provided on Wednesday October 19 & 26 at the Public Health Office at Faith Hospital 2pm – 4pm.
If someone is home bound and unable to attend one of the vaccination clinics, they should contact the Flu Hotline 1-800-534-8600 or 947-3077 or their local HSA District Health Centre and arrangements will be made to with a Public Health nurse to provide the vaccine in their home.
Please bring to the vaccination clinic:
- Vaccination card or digital vaccination certificate showing the date of last COVID vaccine
- Government issued photo identification showing date of birth
- Facemasks (please bring your own)
For the most up to date vaccination schedule visit https://hsa.ky/public-health/coronavirus/
HSA Flu Hotline – 1-800-534-8600 or 925-6327 or email@example.com
District Health Centre Contact Numbers
- George Town – 244-2800
- East End – 947-7440
- North Side – 947-9525
- West Bay – 949-3439
- Bodden Town – 947-2299
- Faith Hospital – 925-1190