The Director of Primary Health Care, Dr Samuel Williams Rodriguez, is advising the public of the arrival of this year’s flu vaccine.
Vaccines for the seasonal flu will be available at the Cayman Islands Hospital, District Health Centres in Grand Cayman, Faith Hospital Cayman Brac and Little Cayman Clinic.
The locations and times are listed below:
- Cayman Islands Hospital Atrium (front entrance) from 10:00 am – 12 noon, Monday through Friday beginning Tuesday 30th November to Friday 10th December 2021.
- George Town General Practice Clinic at the Cayman Islands Hospital, and all District Health Centres, from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday beginning, Tuesday 30th November 2021.
- Faith Hospital in Cayman Brac – Residents of Cayman Brac should contact Faith Hospital 244-7643 to make arrangements.
- The Little Cayman Clinic – Residents of Little Cayman should contact the clinic 948-0072 to make arrangements.
The flu vaccine is FREE to all residents. No appointments are necessary; however, persons should indicate to the registration officer at the clinic that they need to have the flu shot.
“The flu vaccine remains as important during this flu season as is with the COVID -19 vaccine. The annual flu vaccine does not protect against COVID-19, similarly, the COVID -19 vaccine does not protect against seasonal influenza. The seasonal influenza vaccine will help to reduce transmission of the flu and protect the Islands from the double threat of flu and COVID-19,” Dr Williams-Rodriguez said. “All persons 6 months of age and older are encouraged to get the flu vaccine to protect themselves and others. It is especially important for people at high risk of having severe flu-related complications and people who live with or care for them.
He added, “I acknowledge the receipt of requests for the seasonal flu vaccines from employers for their staff and the Public Health Department will continue our programme of the onsite workplace vaccination initiative for companies with twenty or more employees wishing to have the vaccine. This is to minimize workplace disruption and ensure that as many persons as possible get vaccinated.”
Companies interested in the programme should contact the Public Health Department at 244-2621, 244- 2889, or email email@example.com to register.
Flu shots will also be available at participating supermarkets across the Islands.
For more information, please contact:
- Public Health Clinic – 244-2889/244 2621
- George Town General Practice Clinic – 244-2800
- Faith Hospital -244-7643
- Little Cayman Clinic – 948-0072
- The District Health Centres
- East End 947-7440
- North Side 947-9525
- West Bay 949-3439
- Bodden Town 947-2299