COVID-19 positive individuals due for exit PCR testing on or before Wednesday, 10 November 2021, should attend one of the following locations for testing 11am – 1pm (10th November):
- Ed Bush Sports Complex
- Bodden Town Civic Centre
- South Sound Community Centre
Once tested individuals must return home and isolate until further instruction.
Individuals due for exit PCR testing include:
- Vaccinated persons who tested positive on Saturday 30th October
- Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated persons who tested positive on Tuesday October 26th
- Unvaccinated adult (18+) household members of a positive (in the above categories)
Fully vaccinated persons (or unvaccinated children) eligible and currently testing negative for daily lateral flow testing, do not need a PCR test.
“Public Health will offer exit testing at these district locations in efforts to allow for persons to receive their test results faster,” said Dr Eryka Simmons, Acting Medical Officer of Health. “Public Health has previously been testing at residences of positive households however, this has increasingly become a challenge due to the vast increase in the number of community positives. We will continue to revise our testing protocols and processes in order to improve our service to the community. We understand the difficulty within which these changes affect all persons concerned, however we continue to appreciate the public’s patience and understanding while we all navigate these unprecedented times. After this pilot testing clinic is conducted, Public Health will advise further any changes in exit testing procedures.”
The afternoon testing clinic is for exiting testing for community cases only. Individuals requiring regular PCR screening are encouraged to schedule an appointment online https://www.hsa.ky/appointment or visit HSA’s COVID testing walk-in clinic at the Cayman Islands Hospital Monday – Friday 7:30am – 12pm.
Isolation requirements for COVID-19 positives
- Fully vaccinated individuals are required to isolate for 10 days, with PCR test on day 11*
- Individuals not fully vaccinated are required to isolate for 14 days, with PCR test on day 15*Note: The day of your original PCR test is considered Day 0.