Dengue Update as of Week Ending November 10, 2012
- Total cases under investigation for dengue since the beginning of the year — 55 s
- Total results received for 34 cases—16 positives and 18 negatives; 21 cases with results pending.
- Of the 16 confirmed cases, 8 have reported a travel history to endemic countries and 8 had no travel history, suggesting that they acquired the dengue locally
- Distribution of confirmed cases: West Bay 12, Bodden Town 3 & George Town 1
- Since November 3, 2012(last update) there were 5 new cases being investigated for dengue, of which 2 persons were admitted to hospital
- Total hospital admissions: 12 (5 confirmed cases, 2 negatives and 5 pending results)