Due to the success of the uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine over recent weeks the Public Health Department anticipates the current batch of the Pfizer vaccine will be fully utilised within the coming days.
Earlier this week His Excellency the Governor, Martyn Roper announced the confirmed shipment of additional vaccines from the UK on 16th June 2021.
Persons who are due second doses after the completion of this supply should not be concerned as their second dose will be given from the new shipment of vaccines. These individuals will have dedicated clinics on June 17th, 18th & 19th.
Dr Samuel Williams-Rodriguez, Medical Officer of Health and Acting CMO states “There is also now evidence that a longer gap between the first and second dose produces a better immune response. The second dose of the Pfizer vaccine can be given within three and twelve weeks after the first dose. Please rest assured that anyone due for their second dose will have an opportunity to get it once the next batch of vaccines arrive mid- June.”
Please check the updated vaccine schedule changes in times and locations.
Cayman Brac will have a vaccination clinic this Saturday June 5th at the Aston Rutty Centre from 9am – 12pm. Both doses of the vaccine will be administered.
COVID-19 vaccination clinic updates & reminders:
- COVID vaccine is available to ALL persons 16 years and over (regardless of surname).
- Photo ID showing date of birth is still required, however, persons no longer need to provide identification to demonstrate they are an ordinarily and legally resident
- Bring your completed consent form for Dose 1. Visit hsa.ky to download the form here
- Persons who have received their first dose are reminded to get their second dose 21 days later or no longer than 12 weeks after the first dose.
- When receiving your 2nd dose, you MUST also bring along your vaccination card reflecting your 1st dose.
- Do not laminate your vaccination card at any time. (If you have already done so, please bring your vaccination card to the ORIA Vaccination Clinic along with your photo ID.)
- Park in the long-term parking lot at ORIA.
- Do not bring children, when possible.
- No pets allowed at the vaccination clinic.
- Facemasks required.
- Persons 60 years and older will be given priority.
For the most up to date vaccination schedule visit https://hsa.ky/public-health/coronavirus/
HSA Flu Hotline – 1-800-534-8600 or 925-6327 or email@example.com