Teachers and uniformed services are now eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccination boosters (dose 3) as added protection from community transmission. This includes staff from all schools in the Cayman Islands, the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service, the Cayman Islands Fire Service, Her Majesty’s Prison Service and Customs and Border Control.
Persons aged 40 and over will be eligible for boosters starting Monday 8 November 2021. As a reminder, persons must have received their second dose of COVID-19 vaccine six months prior to seeking a booster shot.
The public is reminded not to attend vaccine clinics if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms in interest of the safety of staff and the fellow community.
Vaccine Clinics in Cayman Brac will take place on Wednesdays & Fridays 2-4pm at the Aston Rutty Centre, Medical Wing.
For the most up to date vaccination schedule visit https://hsa.ky/public-health/coronavirus/
GENERAL VACCINE INFO
- Vaccines are available to persons 12 years and older
- Parental consent required for children 12-17 years old
- When receiving your 2nd or 3rd dose, you MUST also bring along your vaccination card or present your digital vaccination certificate reflecting your previous doses
- 3rd dose must be administered at least six (6) months after your 2nd dose
- The date on your vaccination card for the 2nd dose is the earliest that is recommended
- All persons must present photo identification showing date of birth
- Facemask required – Please bring your own.
- Do NOT laminate your vaccination card
Persons interested in receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine are asked to contact the Flu Hotline by phone (1-800-534-8600 or 947-3077) or by email at email@example.com.
Digital COVID vaccine records with QR code are available on the MyHSA Patient Portal. For more information on the Portal or to sign up online, please visit https://www.hsa.ky/our-services/patient-portal-info. If you have any discrepancies in your vaccination record, please submit your enquiry at https://portal.hsa.ky/Immunization