Emergency Medical Technician – Training Programme
• High School Diploma or GED
• Clean police and driving record
• First Aid and CPR Training (through HSA or Red Cross)
• 250-500 word personal statement of ‘Why you want to be an EMT and your future goals’.
• Required to meet the minimum pass mark of 75% on written assessment (math and literacy)
• Physical and Medical Assessment
• Psychosocial Assessment
• Proof of full COVID vaccination status
• Must be Caymanian and/or have the Right to be Caymanian
• 100% attendance (4 hours once per week classroom attendance)
• Internet and computer access to access online course content
• Commitment to a 16 week hybrid accredited EMT programme
• Successful completion of didactic and psychomotor skills session
• Successful completion of the programme and the national registry of EMT exam
The application form can be found and submitted through our website www.hsa.ky. Or click here to access.
Please ensure to complete all relevant sections of the application including your personal statement of 250-500 words.
Application deadline: Sunday November 28th, 2021
Medical Internship Programme
The internship programme at the Health Services Authority began two years ago in response to the increased local volume of medical interns in Jamaica. As a result, the Ministry of Health in conjunction with the H.S.A initiated CARICOM’s CAMC accreditation process with a view to facilitating access by Caymanian Interns to local training.
After evaluation of the facility, the case mix, the consultant and junior staff and the leadership, CAMC provided the green light facilitating the training of eight interns per year in all of the core disciplines.
In 2013 the internship programme started with the first batch of four interns. The second batch of 4 Caymanian interns started their programme in 2014.
The Internship program is overseen and administered by a senior group of consultants, all very respected in their field. The Internship Oversight Committee includes: Dr. Delroy Jefferson, Dr. Courtney Cummings, Dr. Gilbertha Alexander, Dr. Earl Robinson, Dr. Ajit Mathew and Dr. John Lee
Summer Student Internship Programme
The Health Services Authority Summer Student Internship Programme offers a unique internship opportunity to current college/university level and high school students who express keen interest in pursuing a career within the Healthcare field. The HSA Internship Programme brings together the next generation of healthcare professionals.
It provides a chance for the students to gain practical experience and develop their skills for future career opportunities.